The Shamrock Series football game between Notre Dame and Wisconsin will be played Sept. 5, 2026 at Lambeau Field, both schools announced Monday.
The game was originally scheduled to be played last season, but became a casualty when the Big Ten announced an abbreviated conference-only schedule in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, Notre Dame will play three Big Ten teams in 2026.
The two teams will meet this year on Sept. 25 at Soldier Field, with Wisconsin being designated as the home team. The two-game neutral site series was first announced in August 2017.
Notre Dame’s current 2026 schedule looks like this:
- Sept. 5: vs. Wisconsin (Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wis.)
- Sept. 26: at Purdue Boilermakers (Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Oct. 3*: at North Carolina Tar Heels (Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.)
- Oct. 17: vs. Virginia Cavaliers
- Nov. 28: at USC Trojans (L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, Calif.)
The Irish will also host the Louisville Cardinals, Syracuse Orange and Michigan State Spartans at Notre Dame Stadium that year. Those three contests, as well as road games against the Florida State Seminoles and Navy Midshipmen, do not have announced dates. (FBSchedules.com has UNC as Oct. 3, but I could not independently verify that. My Freedom of Information Act request to the Chapel Hill establishment for the game agreements yielded an underwhelming response.)
Notre Dame leads the all-time series against Wisconsin, 8-6-2, with the last game between the two schools being played in 1964.