Now that we have our “grievances” out of the way about the 2020 Notre Dame Fighting Irish football season, we are free to look back and enjoy the things we should enjoy. Don’t dismiss this opportunity to have fun, and fall victim to just the Notre Dame schadenfreude.
There are all sorts of things that happened with the Irish this year that we can give a big fist pump in the air in recognition. It can’t be said enough, so I’ll keep saying it... Notre Dame is better than AT LEAST 120 other programs and you can make a case for “better than 125” programs. Notre Dame didn’t win the national championship — get over it, and be grateful for what they did in 2020 and for what this program has become in the Brian Kelly era.
So what made you the happiest this year? Maybe it was one thing and maybe you’re a good person and it was multiple things — let us know. Get down there in the comments and feel free to lay out a positive vibe now that we took care of the negative shit a few days ago. Ying and yang y’all... it’s a thing.
I have a list that is incomplete and in no particular order.
THE INCOMPLETE LIST IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
- An undefeated regular season.
- Somehow playing a season in the middle of a global pandemic.
- Laying waste to the ACC (minus the championship game).
- Kyren Williams rushing for over 1000 yards.
- Winning every single game at home for the 3rd year in a row.
- Going to the college football playoff for the second time in three years.
- Brian Kelly chugging something from a rivalry trophy.
- Ian Book putting his stamp on the programs with the most wins EVER as a starter.
- Beating the #1 ranked team in the country.
- The offensive line.
- Watching 5-Star TE Michael Mayer playing like a 5-Star as a freshman.
- NOT playing Navy (this is a big one).
- Saved a lot of time and gas by not being in the press box.
- Ben Skowronek going HARD for Fort Wayne.
- Tommy Tremble making the fullback sexy again.
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah winning the Butkus Award and being selected as an Unanimous All-American.
- Liam Eichenberg and Aaron Banks being selected as Consensus All-Americans (even though Liam got the shaft from the AP to block the “unanimous” title).
And I’ll just stop there even with about 30 more things I could list in this post. It’s your turn. Go ahead — have some damn fun. This is supposed to be fun....