The Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team will be back on campus very soon to begin a tedious process of preparing for the 2020 season. On Thursday, it was announced that 5 Alabama Crimson Tide football players tested positive for COVID-19. This (along with other such stories from other programs) will only make the next few weeks more difficult to navigate.
Notre Dame announced their plan to select media outlets. Unfortunately OFD was not a choice cut for Notre Dame, but we always have Pete Sampson to tweet it all out.
Here are the highlights:
- Football players can return to campus June 8 to begin a 10-day quarantine.
- All players, staff will be tested before first entering the facility. Daily wellness checks to follow.
- Players will live at the Morris Inn during summer.
- Phase 1 of training limited to groups of 10 of fewer. Phase 2 limited to 50 of fewer. Phase 3 will be unlimited.
- Players/staff should wear masks with social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Phase 1 begins June 22.
This means that players that live OFF campus will have to reside at the Morris Inn during the summer as Notre Dame will try to insulate itself from the world to protect everyone involved from the coronavirus.