Joshua, Jude, and Brendan embark on a journey to try and explain the complicated hierarchy of Notre Dame Fighting Irish football rivalries. It’s a topic that can get outright controversial in some respect, and we do our best to lay it out (as we duke it out). In this episode:
- Somehow Notre Dame’s “The Shirt” makes an appearance and Josh’s blood begins to boil.
- We discuss the recent news about Under Armour and the UCLA Bruins and if any of that will affect Notre Dame.
- Brendan gives the HOTTEST of takes on the rivalry with the USC Trojans.
- Historical rivalries and if the Navy Midshipmen belong there - or anywhere.
- The Michigan State Spartans as a BIG R.
- How the Penn State Nittany Lions and Pittsburgh Panthers fit as rivals.
- The Michigan Wolverines and it’s exit from BIG R status.
- How we view the rivalry with the Stanford Cardinal.
- Did the Boston College Eagles make the list based almost solely on their hatred for Notre Dame?
- A future rival in the making?
And an insane amount of MORE weaved in and out of the show. We apologize for a few technical difficulties that happened during the recording. Let’s just say it was because of solar flares and move on.
Please rate and review! All reviews left on Apple Podcasts will be read on the next OFD Podcast.
You can listen in the player below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.