Eight of the twelve opponents for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish this season played in a bowl game (9 of 13 if you count ISU). Even with all of the bowl games out there, that’s still a very meaty part of Notre Dame’s schedule that played in the postseason.
So, here’s how they did:
- Louisville Cardinals 28-28 WIN over Mississippi St. Bulldogs
- Georgia Bulldogs 26-14 WIN over Baylor Bears
- Virginia Cavaliers 36-28 LOSS to Florida Gators
- USC Trojans 49-24 LOSS to Iowa Hawkeyes
- Michigan Wolverines 35-16 LOSS to Alabama Crimson Tide
- Virginia Tech Hokies 37-30 LOSS to Kentucky Wildcats
- Navy Midshipmen 20-17 WIN over Kansas State Wildcats
- Boston College Eagles 38-6 LOSS to Cincinnati Bearcats
- Iowa St. Cyclones 33-9 LOSS to Notre Dame
Notre Dame’s opponents were a very bad 3-5 (3-6) in their bowl games this year. For the season, Notre Dame’s 13 opponents went 91-75 overall for the 2019 season (includes ISU).