During the latest episode of the OFD Podcast, we had a very spirited discussion about the opponents for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in 2019 — mainly about strength of schedule stuff. Since we brought it up, I figured we might as well keep track of all 12 opponents moving forward (yay more work for me).
- Louisville Cardinals (trick answer?)
- New Mexico Lobos 39-31 WIN over Sam Houston State (1-0)
- Georgia Bulldogs 30-6 WIN over Vanderbilt Commodores (1-0)
- Virginia Cavaliers 30-14 WIN over Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0)
- Bowling Green Falcons 46-3 WIN over Morgan State (1-0)
- USC Trojans 31-23 WIN over Fresno State Bulldogs (1-0)
- Michigan Wolverines 40-21 WIN over Middle Tennessee (1-0)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 35-28 LOSS to Boston College Eagles (0-1)
- Duke Blue Devils 42-3 LOSS to Alabama Crimson Tide (0-1)
- Navy Midshipmen 45-7 WIN over Holy Cross (1-0)
- Boston College Eagles 35-28 WIN over Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0)
- Stanford Cardinal 17-7 WIN over Northwestern Wildcats (1-0)
If Notre Dame beats Louisville, that gives their opponents a 9-3 record for the week. If Notre Dame loses to Louisville — what in the hell are we even doing here?
One more day.