The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets announced today that they will play their 2020 and 2024 games against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium instead of on campus.
Starting in 2020, @GeorgiaTechFB will have an annual home game at @MBStadium for 5️⃣ consecutive years— Georgia Tech Sports (@GTAthletics) February 26, 2019
Full details and watch press conference LIVE: https://t.co/Eusd04UwQv
The Tech-Irish games will be played Nov. 14, 2020 and Oct. 19, 2024. The Irish will play in five NFL stadiums in 2020:
- Sept. 26 vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Bank of America Stadium (home of the Carolina Panthers)
- Oct. 3 vs. Wisconsin Badgers at Lambeau Field (home of the Green Bay Packers)
- Oct. 17 vs. Pittsburgh Panthers at Heinz Field (home of the Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Nov. 14 vs. Georgia Tech at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (home of the Atlanta Falcons)
- Nov. 28 vs. USC Trojans at the Los Angeles Coliseum (home of the Los Angeles Rams, although it may not be by time this game is played)
The Irish were supposed to play their Aug. 29 game against the Navy Midshipmen in MetLife Stadium — home of the New York Giants and New York Jets — but that game was moved to Dublin, Ireland.
The 2024 Irish schedule includes:
- Aug. 31 at Texas A&M Aggies
- Sept. 14 at Purdue Boilermakers
- Oct. 19 vs. Georgia Tech at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Nov. 16 vs. Virginia Cavaliers at home
- Nov. 30 at USC
With home games against Miami-Florida Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles yet to be scheduled.
The Irish lead the all-time series against Georgia Tech, 28 wins to 6, with the Irish prevailing at home, 30-22, in the teams’ last meeting in 2015. The Irish last played in Bobby Dowd Stadium at Historic Grant Field in 2006, a 14-10 victory.
Georgia Tech and Notre Dame were originally scheduled to play on Oct. 19 this year, but that game was moved back in 2016. As a result, Notre Dame is playing just four ACC opponents next year and six in 2020.
The Irish will host the Yellow Jackets at Notre Dame Stadium on Nov. 20, 2021.
The Irish’s 2020 schedule:
- Aug. 29 vs. Navy (Aviva Stadium, Dublin)
- Sept. 12 vs. Arkansas (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Sept. 19 vs. Western Michigan (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Sept. 26 vs. Wake Forest (Charlotte)
- Oct. 3 vs. Wisconsin (Green Bay)
- Oct. 10 vs. Stanford (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Oct. 17 at Pittsburgh
- Oct. 24 BYE
- Oct. 31 vs. Duke (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Nov. 7 vs. Clemson (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Nov. 14 vs. Georgia Tech (Atlanta)
- Nov. 21 vs. Louisville (Notre Dame Stadium)
- Nov. 28 at USC
By 2020 the Irish will have played in:— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) February 26, 2019
☘️ 15 of the 25 Super Bowl Venues
☘️ 19 of the 31 current NFL Stadiums #GoIrish ☘️ pic.twitter.com/tFARNIAorZ