The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at
the college football playoff a New Years 6 bowl game. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need some help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan — because screw those guys).
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 10 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals BYE (5-3)
- New Mexico Lobos 21-10 LOSS to Nevada Wolfpack (2-7)
- Georgia Bulldogs 24-17 WIN over Florida Gators (7-1)
- Virginia Cavaliers 38-31 WIN over North Carolina Tar Heels (6-3)
- Bowling Green Falcons 35-6 WIN over Akron Zips (3-6)
- USC Trojans 56-24 LOSS to Oregon Ducks (5-4)
- Michigan Wolverines 38-7 WIN over Maryland Terrapins (7-2)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 21-20 LOSS to Notre Dame (5-2)
- Duke Blue Devils BYE (4-4)
- Navy Midshipmen 56-10 WIN over UConn Huskies (7-1)
- Boston College Eagles 58-27 WIN over Syracuse Orange (5-4)
- Stanford Cardinal BYE (4-4)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 60-41 for the 2019 season.