The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at
the college football playoff a New Years 6 bowl game. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need some help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan — because screw those guys).
I’ll be keeping tabs on Notre Dame’s massive needs from other to get a New Years 6 Bowl bid and talk about that later in the week — so don’t you worry about that.
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 13 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals 56-34 WIN over Syracuse Orange (7-4)
- New Mexico Lobos 44-22 LOSS to Air Force Falcons (2-9)
- Georgia Bulldogs 19-13 WIN over Texas A&M Aggies (10-1)
- Virginia Cavaliers 55-27 WIN over Liberty Flames (8-3)
- Bowling Green Falcons 66-24 LOSS to Ohio Bobcats (3-8)
- USC Trojans 52-35 WIN over UCLA Bruins (8-4)
- Michigan Wolverines 39-14 WIN over Indiana Hoosiers (9-2)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 28-0 WIN over Pittsburgh Panthers (8-3)
- Duke Blue Devils 39-27 LOSS to Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-7)
- Navy Midshipmen 35-28 WIN over SMU Mustangs (8-2)
- Boston College Eagles 40-7 LOSS to Notre Dame (5-6)
- Stanford Cardinal 24-20 LOSS to Californoa Golden Bears (4-7)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 76-56 for the 2019 season.