The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at
the college football playoff a New Years 6 bowl game. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need some help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan — because screw those guys).
I’ll be keeping tabs on Notre Dame’s massive needs from other to get a New Years 6 Bowl bid and talk about that later in the week — so don’t you worry about that.
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 12 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals 34-20 WIN over N.C. State Wolfpack (6-4)
- New Mexico Lobos 42-9 LOSS to Boise State Broncos (2-8)
- Georgia Bulldogs 21-14 WIN over Auburn Tigers (9-1)
- Virginia Cavaliers BYE (7-3)
- Bowling Green Falcons 44-3 LOSS to Miami-Ohio Redhawks (3-7)
- USC Trojans 41-17 WIN over California Golden Bears (7-4)
- Michigan Wolverines 44-10 WIN over Michigan State Spartans (8-2)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 45-0 WIN over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (7-3)
- Duke Blue Devils 49-6 LOSS to Syracuse Orange (4-6)
- Navy Midshipmen 52-20 LOSS to Notre Dame (7-2)
- Boston College Eagles BYE (5-5)
- Stanford Cardinal 49-22 LOSS to Washington State Cougars (4-6)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 69-51 for the 2019 season.