The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at the college football playoff. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan because screw those guys).
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 6 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals 41-39 WIN over Boston College Eagles (3-2)
- New Mexico Lobos 32-21 LOSS to San Jose State Spartans (2-3)
- Georgia Bulldogs 43-14 WIN over Tennessee Volunteers (5-0)
- Virginia Cavaliers BYE (4-1)
- Bowling Green Falcons 52-0 LOSS to Notre Dame (1-4)
- USC Trojans BYE (3-2)
- Michigan Wolverines 10-3 WIN over Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 42-35 WIN over Miami-Florida Hurricanes (3-2)
- Duke Blue Devils 33-30 LOSS to Pittsburgh Panthers (3-2)
- Navy Midshipmen 34-25 WIN over Air Force Falcons (3-1)
- Boston College Eagles 41-39 LOSS to Louisville Cardinals (3-3)
- Stanford Cardinal 23-13 WIN over Washington Huskies (3-3)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 37-24 for the 2019 season.