The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at the college football playoff. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan because screw those guys).
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 8 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals 45-10 LOSS to Clemson Tigers (4-3)
- New Mexico Lobos 23-10 LOSS to Wyoming Cowboys (2-5)
- Georgia Bulldogs 21-0 WIN over Kentucky Wildcats (6-1)
- Virginia Cavaliers 48-14 WIN over Duke Blue Devils (5-2)
- Bowling Green Falcons 38-20 LOSS to Central Michigan Chippewas (2-5)
- USC Trojans 41-14 WIN over Arizona Wildcats (4-3)
- Michigan Wolverines 28-21 LOSS to Penn State Nittany Lions (5-2)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 43-41 WIN over North Carolina Tar Heels (5-2)
- Duke Blue Devils 48-14 LOSS to Virginia Cavaliers (4-3)
- Navy Midshipmen 35-3 WIN over South Florida Bulls (5-1)
- Boston College Eagles 45-24 WIN over N.C. State Wolfpack (4-3)
- Stanford Cardinal 34-16 LOSS to UCLA Bruins (3-4)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 49-34 for the 2019 season.