The stakes each week only get higher for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish each week as they try to make a run at the college football playoff. Not only do they need to win out, but they will need help from all over the country. Some of that help can come from the teams on Notre Dame’s schedule. If Notre Dame’s opponents are having a good year, then obviously a win against each opponent helps them in their cause (except for Michigan because screw those guys).
Here’s how Notre Dame’s opponents did in their week 7 matchups:
- Louisville Cardinals 62-59 WIN over Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-2)
- New Mexico Lobos 35-21 LOSS to Colorado State Rams (2-4)
- Georgia Bulldogs 20-17 LOSS to South Carolina Gamecocks (5-1)
- Virginia Cavaliers 17-9 LOSS to Miami-Florida Hurricanes (4-2)
- Bowling Green Falcons 20-7 WIN over Toledo Rockets (2-4)
- USC Trojans 30-27 LOSS to Notre Dame (3-3)
- Michigan Wolverines 42-25 WIN over Illinois Fighting Illini (5-1)
- Virginia Tech Hokies 34-17 WIN over Rhode Island (4-2)
- Duke Blue Devils 41-23 WIN over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-2)
- Navy Midshipmen 45-17 WIN over Tulsa (4-1)
- Boston College Eagles BYE (3-3)
- Stanford Cardinal BYE (3-3)
Notre Dame’s opponents are a combined 43-28 for the 2019 season.