Caesar’s Sportsbook in Las Vegas has released its odds for every college football team, and the oddsmakers there believe the Irish are 40-to-1 favorites to win next season’s College Football Playoff.
Odds to win next season's College Football Playoff are now available on EVERY SINGLE FBS TEAM @CaesarsPalace! pic.twitter.com/G0Ix9NnOhH— Matt Lindeman (@lindetrain) January 29, 2019
In other words, oddsmakers believe there is about a 2.4 percent chance of the Irish winning two playoff games and leaving with the Dr. Pepper-sponsored trophy.
The Clemson Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide have the two most favorable odds, at 2-to-1 and 5-to-2, respectively. They were also the participants in this year’s College Football Playoff championship.
The Irish were 40-to-1 odds at Westgate Sportsbook in Las Vegas on Jan. 8 last year and 35-to-1 at Southpoint Sportsbook on Jan. 11.
Here are the odds for all of Notre Dame’s opponents to win the playoff, according to Caesar’s:
- Louisville Cardinals: 1000-to-1; implied odds: 0.1 percent
- New Mexico Lobos: 10000-to-1; implied odds: 0 percent
- Georgia Bulldogs: 6-to-1; implied odds: 14.3 percent
- Virginia Cavaliers: 1000-to-1
- Bowling Green Falcons: 10000-to-1
- USC Trojans: 50-to-1; implied odds: 2 percent
- Michigan Wolverines: 20-to-1; implied odds: 4.8 percent
- Virginia Tech Hokies: 200-to-1; implied odds: 0.5 percent
- Duke Blue Devils: 1000-to-1
- Navy Midshipmen: 1000-to-1
- Boston College Eagles: 300-to-1; implied odds: 0.3 percent
- Stanford Cardinal: 200-to-1
If I put the over/under of Notre Dame regular season wins at 9 1/2 for the 2019 season, which side of that action do you take?