The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have two looming top 10 potential games over the next 3 weeks. There is only 1 problem, there is still one more game before the Irish have showdowns with the Stanford Cardinal and the Virginia Tech Hokies. The Irish travel to North Carolina to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons for a noon kickoff game.
Everything about this game screams trap game. Wake Forest has had a very modest start to the season, squeaking by Tulane in overtime, handling FCS Towson, and then losing close to Boston College this past Thursday. The Noon start coupled with an under-matched opponent points to a let down game. The question comes up, will the Irish overlook this matchup? I want to offer a couple of reasons why they Might and why they Wont look past their opponent this Saturday.
Why they Might Overlook Wake Forest
- Noon Game. These terrify me because they have the feel of a “small” time game
- Wake Forest has been less than stellar so far
- Stanford and Virginia Tech looming
- 3 weeks of emotional wins taking their toll
- It is the first road game of the year
Why they Won’t Overlook Wake Forest
- They have learned their lesson the last two weeks
- Brian Kelly’s offense has shown up the last 2 matchups against Wake Forest
- The Offensive line has finally started to click and our run game will take off
- The Coaching staff will be harping all week about the importance of winning on the road
- I am writing this article so by talking about a “trap” game it won’t actually happen
Lets take it to a vote
Will Notre Dame Overlook Wake Forest?
This poll is closed
By talking a lot about the potential of a let down game, you believe you can have an impact on Notre Dame’s approach to this game
Overall this has trap game written all over it, but I think because the Irish have had back to back let down games, they will come out firing. Share your thoughts below on why or why not the Irish could overlook Wake Forest this weekend.