Fans of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish shouldn’t let the recent decommitment of 4 Star quarterback Cade McNamara get them down. It’s still ridiculously early in the recruiting cycle, so let’s not too crazy here.
The Irish have added six more 2019 recruits to its Junior Day list in the last week bringing the total up to 13 prospects for 2019. Seven of them will arrive in South Bend without a Notre Dame offer.
- 4 Star RB Steele Chambers
- 3 Star WR Eli Pancol (No Offer)
- 4 Star OL Zeke Correll
- 4 Star OL Harry Miller
- 3 Star WR Cornelius Johnson (No Offer)
- 3 Star WR Tre Mosley (No Offer)
- 3 Star LB Jack Kiser (No Offer)
- 3 Star DE Ruke Orhorhoro (No Offer)
- 4 Star DE Marcus Hicks
- 3 Star DT Jarod DePriest (No Offer)
- 3 Star CB Tyler Nubin (No Offer)
- 4 Star DB Raymond Woodie III
- 4 Star CB Salim Turner-Muhammad
The big addition here is Georgia native Harry Miller, but Eli Pancol is one that could leave Notre Dame with an offer in hand.
OTHER SPRING VISITORS
There is another nice bunch of prospects that will visit Notre Dame this spring before the Blue-Gold game. A few of those will be official visits. Official visits are allowed now in the spring with the addition of the new Early Signing Period in December.
- 3 Star Safety Kyle Hamilton
- 4 Star Defensive Tackle Hunter Spears (Committed) OFFICIAL VISIT
- 4 Star Defensive End Nana Osafo-Mensah OFFICIAL VISIT
I don’t want to get too many hopes up, but I think Osafo-Mensah (need a good nicknamr here) will be committed to Notre Dame after his visit. He has an announcement date of May 19th, and he may publicly wait until then - but I believe he will tell Kelly and company that he’s Irish.
SEARCHING FOR A QUARTERBACK
Now that Cade McNamara is out of the fold, Notre Dame would still like to sign a quarterback in this class. Right now, the Irish only have offers out to two uncommitted prospects:
Obviously just looking at the home states is enough to say... probably not going to happen. There is one committed prospect that Notre Dame could still get in the race with, and that’s 4 Star quarterback Dylan Morris. Morris is currently committed to the Washington Huskies, but he liked Notre Dame a lot - until they got a commitment from McNamara.
Most likely the Irish will have to look elsewhere.