The Notre Dame Fighting Irish just wrapped up its early period national signing day, and they added 23 new players into the football family in South Bend. Throughout the day, fans are constantly getting updates from us in the media as well as from the University itself.
It can be a bit overwhelming, and obviously a little cheesy at times.
In the past, we’ve had glimpses of the signing day connections between players and coaches with videos of phone calls — but those are only phone calls. Notre Dame used FaceTime today as it reached out to the recruits, and I think we got a more personal, intimate, and down to earth view of the relationships these coaches and players have with one another.
- NaNa Osafo-Mensah pulling a Ricky Watters with no shirt on.
- Clark Lea being the calmest guy in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Clark Lea sliding into a conversation like Mr. Wilson.
- Tommy Rees admitting that he broke a recruit’s garage door.
- Jeff Quinn sounding like a Mob boss that trying to sound like a legitimate business man.
Litchfield Ajavon is the first 40 year old man to ever sign a NLI. pic.twitter.com/fIreAd4pK0— One Foot Down (@OneFootDown) December 19, 2018
So, there were a lot of really cool moments that you just don’t normally see from the assistants and from the recruits. I’m going to go ahead and post all of the videos here — so have some fun.