The world is all about HEADLINES. So much so, that there are countless amounts of people that never read beyond the headline. This has only been exacerbated with the rise of social media in out lives, and it’s only getting worse. Perhaps this adds to the madness, but I hope it’s just a fun exercise between all of us here at OFD.
This is merely an extension of what Philip does each week with his “One Thought” and “Takes” posts. What I want everyone to do here, is to give me your BEST headline for what goes down on Saturday night — a good one for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and a bad one. You’re the reporter/editor now, so give it a shot.
The best headlines are often the ones that are able to mix in the news leading up to the game. For the game against the Virginia Tech Hokies we have this lead up:
- Notre Dame is 5-0
- Virginia Tech has already lost to Old Dominion
- Notre Dame hasn’t beat a ranked opponent on the road since 2015
- Virginia Tech hasn’t beat a ranked opponent at home since 2009
- Virginia Tech won in South Bend in 2016
- The Virginia Tech “experience” in Lane Stadium
- Liam Eichenberg saying that ND is going to go down there and kick the shit out of VT
So what will I be writing about on Saturday night? What’s my headline y’all?