We have come to the Bye Week. Personally, this is a week to relax, partake in some Fall activities, and celebrate the fact that we will undoubtedly be undefeated for yet another week. As I prepare for my stress free weekend, a thought popped up into my head......Am I rooting for the Michigan Wolverines this weekend and every weekend moving forward?
A small voice crept into my head and whispered......yes.
Is this a controversial statement? Is this cause for heresy? Will I be shunned by the Notre Dame Fighting Irish fanbase? Will our overlords take away my writing privileges?
I am sure by most standards (including my oldest Brother Charlie who may disown me) is yes. However, I am freeing myself from any Michigan hatred for a couple of reasons.
- We already won-I spent nearly 9 months stressing about Shea Patterson and company and it was exhausting.
- Their wins helps bolster our case for the college football playoff.
- They could knock off Ohio State and I truly do have hatred in my soul for them.
- I actually enjoy watching them start to have an offense..... especially because they couldn’t consistently move the ball against us.
- I find Jim Harbaugh.....endearing? As long as he isn’t playing the Irish, I find his quotes comical and think that his passion for football is real.
Now I know I am not the only one to share this sentiment, but definitely am not the majority. Either way, I am curious to hear what you have to say! Please Vote and Comment below!
Do You Find Yourself Rooting For Michigan?
This poll is closed
NO! DEAR GOD NO! NOOOOO
A lot of people reading this right now:
Late addition as I explained to my brother Charlie (referenced above) the context of this article....Needless to say he is taking this well.
And then followed up with this as well. #(big)housedivided