The Notre Dame Fighting Irish will attempt to keep their season record perfect, and their top 5 ranking secured, with the Pittsburgh Panthers traveling to South Bend via Michigan City. Either Pitt hates its players and has them staying at a horrible hotel, or they are rolling the dice at the Blue Chip Casino.
Each week a theme develops for just about every college football team (unless you’re boring af Purdue). It’s one of the great things about this sport — the narrative changes so much week to week.
For the Irish this week, it’s been a grab bag:
- High praise for beating Virginia Tech
- The “can Notre Dame make the playoffs” question
- Bogus rumors about Ian Book
- 2012 Pitt
- Tim Tebow
See what I mean?
The Irish step into a bye week after the Pitt game, so that means two weeks of storylines without a game being played. How much more interesting can it get?
Before we actually GET to the bye week, Notre Dame absolutely has to take care of business against Pitt. We need storylines like:
- Ian Book completes 80% of his passes.
- Dexter Williams runs for 200 yards without the 4th quarter.
- An APB is out for Tyler Newsome because no one saw him Saturday afternoon.
- Pat Narduzzi has an epic emotional breakdown and removes clothing.
You get the hint.
The game thread is open below. I know many of us are on Twitter for most of the game, but I encourage you to vent and do other things that require more than 280 characters here.