The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have been in need of safeties coach ever since Mike Elko left for the Texas A&M Aggies. Now, the Irish are set to hire a former Aggies coach to take care of its safety position. According to Irish Illustrated, Notre Dame's next safeties coach will be Terry Joseph.
It was reported last week that Joseph was the likely candidate for the job. Currently he is with the North Carolina Tar Heels. Here is his most recent job history:
- North Carolina Tar Heels 2017 - Present Defensive Backs Coach
- Texas A&M Aggies 2014 - 2016 Defensive Backs Coach
- Nebraska Cornhuskers 2012 - 2013 Secondary Coach
- Tennessee Volunteers 2010 - 2012 Defensive Backs Coach / Recruiting Coordinator
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs 2007 - 2009 Recruiting Coordinator / Secondary Coach
Joseph's secondary in both Lincoln and College Station did remarkably well with pass efficiency defense that ranked in the top 5 in the country.
Joseph will also be a welcomed addition to the Notre Dame recruiting effort with strong ties in the south - particularly in Louisiana and Texas.
One Foot Down will have much more on Joseph and what he brings to the Irish in some upcoming stories.