Our player profile series takes a turn towards the youth and will be done in more LIGHTNING ROUND style than what we are doing with the upperclassmen.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish brought 21 recruits into the fold... let’s meet Michael Young.
5 Bullet Points To Think About
- Young hails from Destrehan, Louisiana. Louisiana is a hotbed for upper-echelon recruits, and a place Brian Kelly would love to pull kids from more often.
- As a recruit, he was heralded as a polished route runner who was more than adept in the open field. Not saying this is what he’ll become, but those remarks are reminiscent of former Irish wideout Golden Tate.
- He claims a Nike Rating of 115.86, which is solid to say the least.
- He’s listed at 5’11, so he will not be a huge target like Equanimeous St. Brown or Alizé Mack, but he’s not a burner like Will Fuller or Kevin Stepherson. Out of recent Irish receivers, he’s probably most like CJ Prosise in the slot. He’s elusive, has quick feet, and shows a good burst. He won’t be a running back, but nobody is asking him to be one either.
- Tim Prister of Irish Illustrated called Young “the most underrated offensive prospect in the class.” That’s definitely exciting to hear.