It probably goes without saying that the Notre Dame Fighting Irish don't have much chance this season in the eyes of many across the country after last season's 4-8 showing.
Well... that's not entirely true.
The odds are out for some games and for other things. We turn to Sportsbook.ag to take a look at those that involve the Fighting Irish.
Regular Season Games
- Notre Dame -15 vs Temple Owls
- Notre Dame -1.5 vs Georgia Bulldogs
- Notre Dame -6 at Michigan State Spartans
- Notre Dame +7.5 vs USC Trojans
- Notre Dame +5 at Miami Hurricanes
- Notre Dame +6.5 at Stanford Cardinal
No big surprises there. The oddsmakers love the Trojans this year, and Notre Dame hasn't won on the Farm in quite some time. Also... Michigan State is awful - Tim Prister says so.
What would the Heisman race be without a preseason player from the Fighting Irish getting a nod? Returning running back Josh Adams isn't listed here, but I suppose if you are going to list a player that has never started a game, and is on a team that went 4-8 last year... the quarterback should be mentioned.
- Brandon Wimbush 50/1
Two notable players the Irish face this year that are ahead of Wimbush are:
- RB Nick Chubb, Georgia 24/1
- QB Sam Darnold, USC 7/2 (the favorite)
It's quite possible that the high-profile games of USC and Georgia could prove to be huge markers on this Heisman journey.
Notre Dame fans want one thing... a title. It looks like a tough road again this year.
- Notre Dame 45/1
A few others of note:
- Alabama 17/5 (favorite)
- USC 15/2
- Oklahoma State 45/1 (same as the Irish)