We are creeping towards the end of July and that means that the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team is getting closer and closer to the start of fall camp. Instead of filling your head with too much information, we offer you these choice nuggets to contemplate.
The Eagles are basically the same BC team we have come to know over the past decade. Their offense barely knows which direction they are going, and the defense is tough as nails (the picture hanging kind).
5 Things You Have To Know
- The Eagles are a very ugly football team that wins ugly and loses ugly. They proved that last year — and got themselves a bowl win. They are the Quick Lane Bowl Champions. Good for them.
- There’s a bit of uncertainty at the quarterback position. However, the Eagles seem to have settled on Darius Wade. It hasn’t mattered since 2007 anyway. Here’s the best nugget from Connelly: “Ryan finished 2007 with 4,507 passing yards and seventh in Heisman voting. Over the last three seasons, BC quarterbacks have combined to throw for 4,807 yards. That’s 300 more yards ... in 24 more games.”
- This game is at BC, so you know it’s good. Yes, Alumni Stadium is basically Sex Panther.
- Steve Addazio wants a world full of dudes and dudes that beat dudes. His best dude is defensive end Harold Landry. Landry could have been a high draft pick, but he came back to BC for a crack at the Belk Bowl.
- The best thing about this game is that it’s a noon game. We won’t have to wait all day for the inevitable MY EYES CAN’T UNSEE THIS.
Best Case Scenario
Notre Dame is 2-0 and ready to to start stomping teams in the mud that have inferior talent. Sure, it's a far cry from what we are used to, but at some point you have to imagine that a solid beatdown on a team in the road is just waiting to happen.
Worst Case Scenario
Regardless of whatever ND's record is at the time, they have a history of falling flat after a big game. This game comes on the heels of the big home battle against Georgia. A 13-6 loss isn't out of the question.
Notre Dame 31, Boston College 6. It's not quite a 44-10 ass-whooping, and it'll probably be a bit ugly (because most things that involve BC usually are).