Our player profile series takes a turn towards the youth and will be done in more LIGHTNING ROUND style than what we are doing with the upperclassmen.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish brought 21 recruits into the fold... let’s meet quarterback, Avery Davis.
5 Bullet Points To Think About
- Let’s not kid ourselves here... barring a an injury onslaught, Avery Davis is going to redshirt in 2017.
- Although this was a big recruiting win for Notre Dame in Texas, the TCU Horned Frogs, Oklahoma Sooners, and Okahoma State Cowboys never offered Davis. The Texas Tech Red Raiders and Baylor Bears were the biggest Texas schools to offer him.
- A double jersey number in one class (Jordan Genmark Heath).
- Davis’s Cedar Hill high school team played powerhouse Bishop Gorman, and lost 44-14. Avery Davis was 19 of 33 for 158 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions.
- Irish Illustrated’s Pete Sampson compared Davis to Everett Golson (minus the drama). That’s probably a good comparison, and a good thing for Irish fans. Davis has all the ability to make a big mark at Notre Dame, but he will have to fight the depth chart first.