There was a lot of noise being made by fans of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish over the past few days. A lot of angry noise, as the Irish were given a #5 seed and a #19 ranking overall by the selection committee- despite being ranked #14 in the AP poll and just losing in the ACC championship game.
I mean... we're talking about the best conference in America and teams in that conference that Notre Dame is seeded lower than, are teams the Irish bested during the season and in the ACC tourney.
Truth be told, Notre Dame got a pretty nice draw in the West and is probably sitting better than any 4 seed and most 3 seeds right now. That doesn't mean that the task of beating the Princeton Tigers will be easy (as history of the NCAA tournament has shown us).
When, Where, How
When: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 12:15pm ET
Where: KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY
How to Watch: CBS
Game Notes from Bobby
- Notre Dame leads the all-time series 2-1
- The last time these two programs met was in 1977 at Princeton. The Tigers won 76-62
- This will be Notre Dame’s 36th NCAA Tournament appearance
- Notre Dame is 38-38 all-time in the NCAA Tournament
- The Irish have been to back-to-back Elite Eights, the only program in the country who can say that
- The Irish have combined for six NCAA Tournament wins over the last two seasons, the most for a two-year stretch in school history
- Notre Dame’s senior class can become the winningest class in school history in terms of all-time wins and NCAA Tournament wins. The Irish seniors just need two more wins to pass the class of 1979 for most NCAA Tournament wins in a career
- Notre Dame senior guard V.J. Beachem is shooting 62% from the field for his career in NCAA Tournament play. He also is hitting 50% of his three-point shots
- Princeton is ranked 59th on KenPom.com, while Notre Dame is 25th
- The Tigers rank 84th in adjusted offensive efficiency, and 47th in adjusted defensive efficiency
- Verne Lundquist will be calling the play-by-play for CBS. He called Notre Dame’s first and second round games last season
- VegasInsider.com has Notre Dame as the favorite at -7.5
Join The Conversation!
Join in below as we cheer on the Irish to victory.