The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are favored by 3.5 points to beat the Miami-Fla Hurricanes on Saturday, according to SB Nation and OddsShark.
The Irish have been favored in each of their first 10 games. They are 8-1 straight up and 7-2 against the spread. The Hurricanes are 8-0, but just 4-3 against the spread.
The over/under for the game is 57.5 points, with the OddsShark computer prediction handicapping model forecasting a 36-35 victory for Miami.
If you’re thinking of betting this game, here is some data to consider (courtesy of OddsShark):
- The total has gone over in eight of Notre Dame’s last 11 games and in 7 of its last 10 road games. Interestingly enough, the total has gone under in each of Miami’s last five games.
- Miami is 9-4 against the spread in its last 13 games.
- 75 percent of the bets are on Notre Dame, although that percentage reflects only number of bets and not the total amount of money wagered.
Among the Irish’s 2017 opponents, six are favorites, five (including Miami) are underdogs and the game between the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and Syracuse Orange is a toss up.
Week 11 Betting Lines for Notre Dame and Its 2017 Opponents
|Temple Owls||4-4||at Cincinnati||7 p.m.||Friday||ESPN2||minus 2.5||47.5|
|Georgia Bulldogs||6-2||at Auburn||3:30 p.m.||Saturday||CBS||minus 2.5||47|
|Boston College Eagles||6-2-1||vs N.C. State||Noon||Saturday||ABC or ESPN2||plus 3||52|
|Michigan State Spartans||6-3||at Ohio State||Noon||Saturday||FOX||plus 14.5||55|
|Miami-Ohio Redhawks||3-5||vs Akron||7:30 p.m.||TODAY!||ESPN2||minus 6.5||52|
|North Carolina Tar Heels||2-7||at Pittsburgh||7:30 p.m.||Thursday||ESPN||plus 9.5||53|
|USC Trojans||3-7||at Colorado||4 p.m.||Saturday||FOX||minus 13.5||60.5|
|N.C. State Wolfpack||4-4||at Boston College||Noon||Saturday||ABC or ESPN2||minus 2.5||52|
|Wake Forest Demon Deacons||6-2||at Syracuse||3 p.m.||Saturday||ACC Network||Pick 'em||61|
|Miami-Florida Hurricanes||4-3||vs Notre Dame||8 p.m.||Saturday||ABC||plus 3.5||57.5|
|Navy Midshipmen||3-5||vs SMU||3:30 p.m.||Saturday||CBS Sports Network||minus 4.5||68|
|Stanford Cardinal||3-6||vs Washington||10:30 p.m.||Friday||Fox Sports 1||plus 6||50|
Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-5) at Baylor Bears (1-8, +7.5)
Noon, Saturday on Fox Sports Networks
Over/under: 72.5 points
Lord, forgive me.
After going cold turkey on Texas Tech games — and even going a week or two without suggesting a Big 12 game to watch — I am back on my bullshit again.
Baylor has been ranked in four of the past six meetings between the these two teams, although the Bears are far from that now. The total points scored between the Bears and Red Raiders when they’ve clashed since 2011? 108, 97, 97, 94, 98 and 89.
You have to believe this one is going over 72.5 points.
Last week’s suggestion - the Memphis Tigers and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane - underwhelmed considerably for those of us who are fans of “defense optional” football. The Tigers prevailed, 41-14. The game to watch, clearly, was the Top 15 matchup between the Oklahoma Sooners and Oklahoma State Cowboys, which exceeded its over/under projection by halftime. The Sooners prevailed, 62-52.
OTHER GAMES OF INTEREST TO IRISH FANS
- #25 Iowa Hawkeyes at #6 Wisconsin Badgers, 3:30 p.m. Saturday, ABC. Badgers are 12.5 point favorites. O/U: 46
- Florida State Seminoles at #4 Clemson Tigers, 3:30 p.m. Saturday, ESPN. Tigers are 16 point favorites. O/U: 46
- #1 Alabama Crimson Tide at #18 Mississippi State Bulldogs, 7 p.m. Saturday, ESPN. Tide are 14 point favorites. O/U: 50.5
- #8 TCU Horned Frogs at #5 Oklahoma Sooners, 8 p.m., FOX. Sooners are 6.5 point favorites. O/U: 62.5