Notre Dame is coming off of their first season opening loss since the fateful game against the South Florida Bulls in 2011. Both games seemingly decided the so called “quarterback battle” for their respective seasons. In 2011, Dayne Crist was pulled in favor of Tommy Rees in the blink of the eye, and Tommy was the starter for the rest of the season- which was a very mediocre 8-5 year.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish look to not repeat that history after this years opening loss and with a true starting quarterback now in the fold.
Let’s all be perfectly honest here... every single one of you has this game circled as a “WIN” for Notre Dame. That’s great and all, but with this team, I think we can already say that we should never take anything for granted. But... we are Notre Dame fans and we do this shit on the daily. If you need to know more about Nevada, please READ HERE.
What Should You Be Drinking?
Last week there was a great deal of beer involved. Many, many ounces were poured and that’s fine and all- but adults drink booze. Even if it’s some fruity blue and purple thing with a shitload of Skittles in there... even if.
Look, if you want to beat a wolf- YOU GOT TO BE THE WOLF.
What Should You Be Eating?
Naturally, when someone talks about the state of Nevada, a few things come to mind:
- Las Vegas
- Unmarked graves in the desert
- Bishop Gorman High School
No one mentions “shrimp” WHICH IS CRIMINAL. Have you even buffeted on that casino shrimp bro? With that in mind, we have a tailgate ANYWHERE classic for you:
What Should You Be Wearing?
So, just to check it off the list...
- You are now as drunk as a wolf.
- You have the taste of blood (or seawater) in your mouth.
Time to get to work and annhilate these terrible creatures. You’re going to need to blend in, and we got just the thing for you. With love...
The Best Thing About This Game
There are actually two answers to this question.
- This game comes at possibly the best time. Notre Dame needs some self-confidence heading into next weeks game against the Michigan State Spartans, and a good ass-whooping laid upon the Nevada Wolf Pack would be a nice start.
- While we won’t know how good this Notre Dame team can or will be this season, we can and will know how bad they will be if they struggle against a team that they are 27 point favorites over at home.
See how we just turned that negative into a positive? THIS IS SOME GURU SHIT RIGHT HERE SON.
5 Reasons To Hate Nevada
- Unless they win out and win the Mountain West, the strength of schedule takes a hit.
- Depending upon your point of view... they produced Colin Kaepernick / don’t support Colin Kaepernick.
- Brian Polian is there.
- Will only remind me that Michael Floyd is no longer on this team (4 for 189 and 3 TD).
- They scored as many points in their last trip to Notre Dame as Michigan scored in their last trip to Notre Dame... ZERO POINTS FOR ALL THE LOSERS. Nobody should suck like Michigan.
- DeShone Kizer. This is his team now. No more looking over his shoulder- as if that was even bothering him. Notre Dame could be looking for some style/retribution points, and Kizer can deliver that penance.
- Nyles Morgan. Morgan was one of the few bright spots on the field for the defense against Texas. It’s not that he didn’t make a few mistakes, but 13 tackles and some very physical play has him poised to make a huge showing against Nevada.
At The End Of The Day...
I had been calling this game “the trappiest trap game around,” for most of the preseason. That was assuming that the Irish beat Texas. Notre Dame doesn’t have to worry about that anymore and their focus on this game is only magnified by their desire to look a lot better than they did in week one. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 48, Nevada Wolf Pack 13.