Please read and review, and let me know if you have any questions.
It's pretty simple and straightforward. Best record at the end of the season wins. Closest predicted score of the national title game determines any tie-breakers.
All games will have .5 spreads to prevent any pushes.
This page will be linked near the top of every Big E College Football Picks post on Friday's.
Official Rules for The Big E College Football Picks Challenge Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of
1. Eligibility: The Big E College Football Picks Challenge Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Vox Media, Inc. or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1740 N Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20036 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest beings at 7:00 AM ET on August 31, 2012 ends at 7:00 AM
ET on January 8, 2012. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be
eligible. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Each week, visit One Foot Down at www.onefootdown.com ("Site") and review the post that announces and/or presents the Contest. The post will provide instructions on how to register for the Contest. You must fill out the form provided on the Contest post using your Site handle and checking the box of each team you like against the spread. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address. Entries will not be acknowledged.
6. Selection of Winners: Potential winners will be selected on the basis of win-loss record guessing against the spread of each announced game. The entrant with the most cumulative victories at the end of the Entry Period wins. In the event of a tie, all tying winners will be announced on the Site. The tie-breaker will be based on the correct guess of the national champion, straight up and not against the spread, as well as the closest guessed score of the national championship game.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within five (5) business days of the date of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) according to the procedures set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
12. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Vox Media, Inc., 1740 N St. NW, Washington, DC, 20036 or email
email@example.com. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.