Coach Brian Kelly and his staff will host several visitors this weekend for the Blue-Gold game-a traditional big recruiting weekend. While the 2015 class got off to a bit of a slow start compared to other national powers, things appear to be picking up steam. It wouldn't be surprising to see a few commitments over the upcoming weeks.
2014 Signees (12):
LB Jonathan Bonner - Chesterfield, MO (Parkway Central)
LB Greer Martini - Woodberry Forest, VA (Woodberry Forest)
LB Nyles Morgan - Crete, IL (Crete-Monee)
LB Nile Sykes - Lombard, IL (Montini)
P Tyler Newsome - Carrollton, GA (Carrollton)
DE Jhonny Williams - Berrien Springs, MI (Berrien Springs)
OT Quenton Nelson - Red Bank, NJ (Red Bank Catholic)
OG Jimmy Byrne-Cleveland, OH (St. Ignatius)
TE Nic Weishar - Midlothian, IL (Marist)
DT Daniel Cage - Cincinnati, OH (Winton Woods)
DB Drue Tranquill - Fort Wayne, IN (Carroll)
CB Cody Riggs - Tranfer (University of Florida/St. Thomas Aquinas)
2015 Committed Visitors (3):
OL Tristen Hoge - Pocatello, ID (Highland)
DB Prentice McKinney - Dallas, TX (South Oak Cliff)
WR Jalen Guyton - Allen, TX (Allen)
- Hoge makes his first visit to South Bend since committing in December. He previously visited last fall for the USC game.
- McKinney is also making his first visit since his commitment.
- Guyton returns for his second visit to Notre Dame of the spring. He previously visited in late March and selected the Irish shortly after his visit.
2015 Unofficial Visitors with Offers (4):
LB Justin Hilliard - Cincinnati, OH (St. Xavier)
DT Elijah Taylor - Cincinnati, OH (Archbishop Moeller)
WR Alex Ofodile - Columbia, MO (Rock Bridge)
LB Cassius Peat - Tempe, AZ (Corona Del Sol)
- Hilliard returns for another visit after being on campus for Junior Day. As a consensus Top 50 player, he holds offers from nearly every elite program and has visited several this spring. He doesn't appear ready to make a decision yet, which may not come until late summer or fall.
- Taylor was considered a heavy ND lean until he picked up an offer from Ohio State a few weeks ago. It is unclear what impact this will have on his decision, but this is also a return visit for him this spring. The Irish are likely still in a good spot, but his decision timetable may be pushed out.
- Ofodile has also been on the road this spring and holds nearly 30 offers from schools around the country. This will be his first visit to the Notre Dame campus.
- Peat will also be making his first visit after picking up an offer in January. He has an older brother who plays at Nebraska and another who plays at Stanford.
2015 Unofficial Visitors Looking for Offers (4):
LB Nick Conner - Dublin, OH (Dublin Scioto)
S/ATH Justin Tranquill - Fort Wayne, IN (Carroll)
OT Adam Solomon - Indianapolis, IN (Bishop Chatard)
OT Michal Menet (2016) - Reading, PA (Exeter)
- Conner is considered to be a heavy Ohio State lean at this point, but does not yet hold an offer from the Buckeyes. He has picked up a few Big Ten offers recently, and will likely earn several more over the coming months.
- Tranquill is visiting again with his brother, a member of the 2014 class. With the recent commitment of Nicco Fertitta, it may be more difficult for him to earn an offer.
- Solomon returns for a second visit after attending Junior Day. He has earned several offers over the past few months, but ND only has one spot at OL left for this class-meaning he may have to continue to wait for an offer.
- Menet visits the Irish this weekend along with Ohio State and Michigan State.