Notre Dame was back on the field for their 11th practice (Friday) and 12th practice (Saturday) of the spring this week and will wrap things up with the Blue Gold Game this upcoming Saturday at 1 PM.
Saturday's practice was open to the media so there was finally a lot of information flooding the internet. Below is a collection of the best free content.
Brian Kelly presser from April 13:
- Focus (Saturday) was on running the ball.
- Nick Martin has been steady at center and shows a lot of maturity with an even temperament.
- Golson confident and has increased his leadership. He now has a strong command of the offense.
- Utilizing tight ends a lot due to injuries to wide receivers. May not stay that way in the fall.
- Koyack is having a great spring, regaining confidence, and can help in the slot.
- Prosise needs a lot more work as a technician but he can be great.
- There are a 'group of guys' at middle linebacker but they really love Jarrett Grace.
- Shumate is the 'guy back there (at safety)' and is playing very physical with help from Farley & Coach Elliot.
- Chuck Martin has called all the plays this spring and Kelly has a 'sense' that this will continue.
- George Atkinson has improved his hands and is someone they can throw the ball to now.
- Kelly would like to get outside more to see QB's working in the elements.
UND.com Practice Video:
0:52- Who is that guy?
0:54- Welch with a nice catch behind Collinsworth.
1:09- Beautiful one-handed catch by Robinson (he was injured on the play though).
1:21- Prosise blowing by Hardy.
1:38- Ishaq sticking Mahone nicely.
1:50- Nix shoots into the backfield to tackle Atkinson.
1:56- Golson rolling out hits Prosise who takes off into the open field for a touchdown.
2:12 & 2:16- Nice grabs by Brown and Daniels, respectively.
Irish Illustrated 11 on 11 Video:
*Lots of scrambling in that video by Golson. Over/under on his rushing yards in 2013??
- Prosise blowing by Hardy
- Niklas vs. Farley
- Hendrix throwing to Onwualu
- Zaire overthrowing Daniels against Atkinson
- McDaniel blanketed by Shumate
- Rees to GA3 covered by Collinsworth
- Hendrix throwing to Koyack covered by Farley
***This Saturday at Noon ET before the Blue Gold Game on NBC Sports Network, the program Strong & True will air and here are a couple teasers:
Football Content from Around the Web: