USA TODAY Sports
The Notre Dame coaching staff is making their final recruiting push for 2013 with this weekend's visitors.
This weekend, the staff will host the final big recruiting weekend for the 2013 class. There may be one additional visitor during the weekend of Feb 1st (Torrodney Prevot - LB from Houston, TX), but the remaining targets will be in South Bend this weekend.
There are four official visitors scheduled, which includes two former USC verbal commitments.
2013 Official Visitors (4):
DE Kylie Fitts - Redlands, CA (East Valley)
LB Deon Hollins, Jr - Missouri City, TX (Fort Bend Marshall)
TE Durham Smythe - Belton, TX (Belton)
DT Eddie Vanderdoes - Placer, CA (Placer)
- The Fitts saga has been well documented-he was basically told by Lane Kiffin that he couldn't enroll early due to a numbers crunch, while moving into his dorm room. Since then, he opened his recruitment and may eventually end up at UCLA, who never stopped recruiting him. He is still considering USC and Washington is the other school to watch.
- Hollins is a current commitment to UCLA, but has been intrigued by the interest from the Irish. The loss of Alex Anzalone opened a spot for Notre Dame to fill, and Hollins is probably the most likely candidate at LB.
- Smythe decommitted from Texas in December and is now down to Stanford, Notre Dame and Michigan. He appears to be a slight lean towards the Cardinal right now, but also reportedly grew up a fan of the Irish.
- Vanderdoes has likely been the top target for the staff after his decommitment from USC. He has taken visits to USC, UCLA, and Washington prior to this weekend's visit to Notre Dame and next weekend's planned visit to Alabama. He has been in contact with current Irish NG Louis Nix and appears to value academics in addition to a competitive football program.
2013 Unofficial Visitors (1):
LB Jaylon Smith - Fort Wayne, IN (Bishop Luers)
- Smith will be on hand to help recruit for #IrishMob13 along with the five early entries (Elmer, Zaire, Onwualu, Robinson and Heuerman)