This weekend, the staff will host what should be referred to as a mini-Junior Day (not officially called that, but we will go with it) with 5 recruits getting an early look at what Notre Dame has to offer. Brian Kelly appears to be replicating his approach to the 2013 class by hosting some players earlier in the year and then holding a larger event during spring practice.
In addition to the five 2014 prospects, there will be two official visitors from the 2013 class.
2013 Official Visitors (2):
OT Hunter Bivin - Owensboro, KY (Apollo)
DE Isaac Rochell - McDonough, GA (Eagle's Landing Christian)
- Bivin played center at the Under Armour All-American game earlier this month and appears destined to play on the interior of the OL for the Irish. His highlights from the practices can be seen here.
- Rochelle is currently listed at 260 lbs, so his ability to crack the DL rotation in the fall will depend heavily on how much weight he puts on before showing up to Notre Dame in the summer.
2014 Unofficial Visitors (5):
OG Jimmy Byrne - Cleveland, OH (St. Ignatius)
OL Sam Mustipher - Olney, MD (Good Councel)
DE Andrew Williams - McDonough, GA (Eagle's Landing Christian)
RB Stanley Williams - Bethlehem, GA (George Walton Academy)
WR Thaddeus Snodgrass - Springfield, OH (Springfield)
- Byrne committed to the Irish in December
- Mustipher already holds over a dozen offers, but not one from Notre Dame. He comes from a school (Good Councel) that the Irish have had little success at over the years.
- Andrew Williams is visiting with team mate (and 2013 commitment) Isaac Rochelle and appears to be very high on ND's list for 2014
- Stanley Williams is a current Georgia commitment but is visiting several schools this spring and has interest in Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, Oregon and South Carolina in addition to the Bulldogs and Irish
- Snodgrass is probably the most sought-after WR recruit in the Midwest for 2014. He was thought to be an Ohio State lean earlier in the process, but now appears to be evaluating multiple schools.