Let's see who gets the highest marks.
1. In the thirty-one automatic bid winners, eight states had two (or more) winners of their tournaments. Two - Kentucky and Tennessee - had three automatic bid winners. Name the other six states.
Extra credit: Name the Universities for the states with multiple automatic bids.
The following questions apply to all the 68 entrants to the NCAA Tournament this year:
2. I love the mascots for Long Island (the Blackbirds), Loyola, Maryland (Greyhounds) and South Dakota State (Jackrabbits). Name your favorites.
3. Three schools' mascots have Irish connotations. Name them.
4. Bears (4), Wildcats (3), and Wolves (3) are the most popular mascots. Can you name two teams from each group?
5. Name two mascots that are mythical creatures. Extra credit: What are Hoyas and Hoosiers?
6. Name two teams whose mascots are colors. Extra credit: Name teams with colors in their mascot's name.
7. Which two teams have devils as mascots?
8. Which schools used to have Indians as mascots and which school still does?
9. Which Presidential candidate went to a school(s) in this year's tournament? Extra credit: Which two Irish football players went to the same high school as Barack Obama?