Jonathan Daniel - Getty Images
Florida holds onto the top spot while Notre Dame continues to power up the polls.
Let's get down to it:
- Alabama is really good at football and they bludgeon everyone they play. However, their schedule is a little light. Florida's wins over A&M and LSU are the gold standard at the moment, and they'll have a chance to sink their Gator teeth into the number one spot by taking down South Carolina at home on Saturday. Should be a helluva game.
- Kansas State stays ahead of Notre Dame due to @Oklahoma being perhaps the first or second-most impressive win any team has achieved this season. They go to West Virginia on Saturday and will either vault themselves into the top two or tumble back into the one-loss menagerie.
- Oregon is awesome but their schedule is a joke. It'll resolve itself in November, when they play Stanford, USC, Oregon State and the PAC12 title game (USC again, almost certainly), but for now? Their best win is either Arizona or Washington and they played no one in non-conference, so that's not going to cut it.
- I don't know how to evaluate Ohio State. They're undefeated and putting up loads of points, but they're also giving up loads of points against a terrible schedule. The Big Ten isn't going to allow them to move up much, but it would be surprising if they didn't finish the season undefeated, barring a Braxton Miller injury.
- West Virginia's tumble is the result of A) Them getting blasted B) Texas getting blasted C) Baylor getting blasted. It's probably a little harsh, but a win over Kansas State will shoot them right back up.