With the final home game for this senior class is only a few days away, I thought it might be fun to throw out a few bold predictions about the game. This class has endured quite a bit over their careers, starting with committing to a program that had arguably its worst football season in its storied history. This class endured schematic adjustments, coaching changes, and failure to meet high expectations.
Looking back, this consensus Top 10 class was the one that was supposed to put the Irish back on the map. However, given that four years of production is nearly in the books, this class falls more into the "what might have been" category than anything else.
Five bold predictions for Saturday's match-up with BC:
1. Dayne Crist gets the start at QB and marches the team down the field on an impressive drive for the score (naked bootleg to the boundary). BK goes on to alternate QBs on each possession and the Eagles defense doesn't know what hits them.
2. Deion Walker starts at WR along side Michael Floyd and John Goodman. The all-senior WR corps sets the world on fire with Walker matching his career production to date (1 catch, 15 yds) on the first drive and then exceeds it later in the game.
3. Floyd cements his status as Biletnikoff award finalist and first team All-America with a career day of 15 catches, 200+ yds and 4 TDs.
4. John Goodman throws his second career TD pass AND returns a punt for 10+ yds.
5. Not wanting to be outdone by the offensive scoring barrage, the defense gets in on the action with a pick-6 by Harrison Smith and a fumble return for a TD by Darius Fleming. On the day, the hold the BC offense to a total of 143 net yards on offense.
While these are predictions are not likely to come true, it would be a great way to send out this class at home. Any other predictions?